We're Ready to Go the Extra Mile for You
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a serious offense, and without the representation of an attorney, you could be facing harsh penalties. At the Law Offices of Maria Mena, we are proud to offer outstanding representation to individuals seeking trusted defense for their cases.
Why Choose Our DWI Defense Law Firm?
- 25+ years of hard-hitting legal experience
- Selection for list of Super Lawyers® - Top 5% of Attorneys
- 10.0 out of 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Available 24/7 to answer your questions
After an arrest, your license will be automatically suspended pending an administrative hearing with the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration. You will have to face a criminal hearing as well. When you work with our firm, we will aggressively represent you and fight to protect your driving privileges and defend your future. After a DWI arrest, it is imperative that you contact a Silver Spring DUI defense attorney from our firm right away.
Client was facing DUI while driving 100 MPH and hitting another car. Result: CHARGES DISMISSED!
What are the Penalties for DWI?
The penalties you may face if convicted of drunk driving will vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case, which is why it is always encouraged that you take the time to work with an attorney. A DUI lawyer from our firm can present a case for your defense to challenge the evidence against you.
Depending on your charges, you could face:
- Fines up to $1,000-$3,000
- License suspension for a minimum of 6-18 months
- Jail time up to 1-3 years
If you were arrested for driving under the influence and there was a minor in your vehicle, regardless of your blood alcohol level, your penalties will increase. If you were arrested as result of a drunk driving collision, you may face not only a DWI charge, but also a charge related to DWI-related injury or vehicular manslaughter.
Depending on your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) percentage when you were pulled over, you could be facing additional penalties.
Maryland Select Penalties:
- Alcohol Education and Treatment
- Ignition Interlock Device (IID)
- Vehicle Confiscation
- License Suspension
It is also important to know that you could be receive lesser charges if your BAC percentage is 0.07%. Because of this, it is important that you understand the penalties you might be facing. Our Silver Spring DUI Lawyer is able to provide the defense you need.
Call (240) 607-8686 or email us to learn your defenses in a FREE consultation! We defend Rockville, Silver Spring, Wheaton, and the surrounding areas.
Field Sobriety Tests
The Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) is made of up 3 individual tests:
- Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) test - In this test the officer will observe the eyes of the person as they slowly move a pen back and forth to see if there are signs in there eyes that they under the infleunce.
- Walk-and-turn test - In this test, the officer instructs the person to take about nine steps straight line and is looking to see indicators such as not being able to keep their balance or not following the instructions properly.
- One-leg stand test - In this test, the officer instructs the person to stand with one foot off the ground and hold it while they look for signs such as swaying, hoping or using their arms to balance that the person is intoxicated.
What is the Difference Between DWI & DUI?
If you were arrested for having alcohol in your system but your blood alcohol content was less than 0.07%, then you will be charged with driving under the influence (DUI), which is a lesser offense. The penalties for DUI includes fines and 8 points added to your driving record. For multiple offenses, you may be looking at jail time. If you are facing charges, get in touch with our Silver Spring DUI lawyer.
Get Your Free Consultation Now: (240) 607-8686
Are you facing a DWI charge? It is imperative that you contact an experienced and trusted Silver Spring criminal defense lawyer from our team. We are well known and highly respected in the community, and our representation of your case could be the difference between a life of freedom and time behind bars.
Contact our Silver Spring DWI lawyer by completing a free case evaluation form now!
Selected for Super Lawyers
Avvo Top Rated Attorney
25+ Years of Experience
Free Case Evaluations
Always On Call 24/7
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (240) 607-8686.